Associate Analyst Pricing & Revenue Management
Function: 40 hours a week
Deadline: 23-04-2019Apply now
Do we offer competitive fares for our Newark to London flights? Do we need to add capacity to our San Francisco to Frankfurt flight? Are these the kind of questions you like to get answers on? Then you are ready to get on board!
In your day to day job you analyze the daily developments in airline pricing and revenue management and identify opportunities for improvements. Based on knowledge, analysis and insights you develop new strategies for our Atlantic Pricing & Revenue Management team. Our team is responsible for increasing and optimizing the revenue for our trans-Atlantic flights. The PRM department helps us run a successful business by predicting consumer demand and setting up pricing structures.
You will work on a variety of direct revenue management activities thorough analysis of market conditions and effective interface with revenue optimization systems, as well as responding to industry fare filings and the development of United’s fares, including price points, restrictions and implementation thereof.
- Apply revenue management techniques to achieve optimal revenue performance by improving fare mix, allocating inventory based on forecasted passenger demand, and setting overbooking levels to minimize spoilage or be responsible for matching
- Initiate fare actions in a group of markets, involving system and tactical fare filings
- Analyze current and historical market trends and segment customers based on market conditions with the goal of formulating and implementing strategies to secure competitive positioning and drive revenue performance
- Utilize competitive, historical, current market trends and market place knowledge and create proposals for the most effective way to set pricing fare structures. Discuss proposals with pricing leadership for their feedback and to assist in their decision making.
- Conduct thorough market-level analysis of performance results to ensure goals are met and determine appropriate adjustments where necessary
- Work on various projects with a focus on identifying future opportunities for revenue and conduct analysis that helps in detecting trends in consumer behavior
- Participate in cross-functional projects within United and across the JV
- Provide communication and support for numerous departments including Network Planning, Sales and Pricing, including support for sales or marketing campaigns, pricing systems testing/requirements, etc.