Supply Chain International Trade Internship project
Function: Human Resources | 4-6 months | 40 hours a week
Location: TerneuzenApply now
- Monitor and evaluate emerging trade legislation and regulations.
- Partner with brokers maximize value to Dow businesses.
- Enable compliance and expedient customs clearance for Dow products, equipment and technology.
- Reviewing auditing strategy and access Dow businesses, functions and service providers for policy and regulatory compliance.
- Advocate Dow's positions, policies and goals with external stakeholders and government bodies.
During the internship, candidates may participate to (and/or lead their own) projects in the areas of Customs and International Trade Compliance:
- Analyzing the criteria for assigning origin.
- Compliance metrics development.
- Broker management and auditing.
- Supply Chain security (AEO).
Interns will also be offered the possibility, under the guidance of senior members of the Trade Compliance team, to participate to, and take the ownership of, relevant parts of larger projects for various Dow Businesses over the whole European region.
- You are studying for a Masters degree in Supply Chain Management.
- Professional level of computer literacy is required. Proficiency in English is an essential prerequisite; some knowledge of another EMEAI language might be an advantage. Good communication skills (face to face and virtual, verbal and written) are needed, and will be further developed during the internship; the ability to operate in a diverse environment, and as part of virtual/remote teams, is essential.
- Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, self-directed while staying focused on the objective, fast learners, independent contributors with a strong taste and ability to cooperate and share, creative problem solvers with a clear orientation towards results and actual implementation/realization.
You can start in the first quarter of 2018 or later for a period up to 6 months (exact timing to be discussed). You will be remunerated. In addition you can stay in a hotel room free of charge and share a living room and kitchen with max. 17 other (international) students. In the event these rooms are full you will be provided with alternative accommodation.