Strategy & Market Insights intern
Function: 40 hours a week
Location: Amsterdam - JupiterApply now
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people’s lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light…join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of Signify Competitive Intelligence team (within the Group Strategy & Market Insights department) which is responsible for monitoring key competitive trends and opportunities at global level advising and supporting the senior management.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a team that influence the strategy and competitive positioning of a global company. Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
Together we can…
- Work on key competitive intelligence projects to deliver strategic insights to senior management
- Support the Competitive Intelligence analysts on their day-to-day activities and regular reporting to senior management
- Collaborate with the broader Strategy & Market Insights department on high-impact strategic projects
- Optimize your learning curve and teach you the basics of market and competitive analysis in a multinational environment
- Finalizing a Bachelor or Master's degree preferably in a quantitative field (Finance, Business Administration, Engineering)
- An excellent analytical thinker with a pragmatic approach and great problem solving
- Able to monitor the web, news, social media, blogs to collect relevant competitive information
- Able to synthesize your findings in a crisp and clear manner and provide strategic recommendations
- Proficient in using Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in both written and spoken English (Mandarin is a plus)
- Available for 6 months
- Ready to learn on the job and not required to do a thesis
- You will receive an internship allowance; the exact amount depends on your situation. (also towards rented accommodation or public transportation)
- You are entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month
- You have the opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
- EU/EER students: In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
- Non-EU students in Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement. The internship needs to be a compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to have a letter from the university in which it states that your internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals are and what tasks you will undertake during your internship. The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
- Non-EU students in non-Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be a compulsory part of your studies. Also, you need to be able to get the official approval of your university for this internship (Nuffic agreement).