Function: Talent Acquisition | at least 6 months | 40 hours a week
Location: Amsterdam - JupiterApply now
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people’s lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light…join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
You are to become a member of the Financial Risk Management team in Signify Group Treasury. The team has worldwide – over 70 countries - responsibility for Corporate Finance, Financial Risk Management and Cash Management.
The internship in Amsterdam is dedicated to designing, implementing and reporting out on how to manage FX. We consider using a VAR model for FX risk management linking into FX Policy and systems. Initial scope is Foreign Exchange but other asset classes (commodities, interest) can be added to final proposition. The aim of the project is to define the data set required for Signify to mitigate/hedge FX risk effectively based on a mix of currencies, derivatives, carry, instruments, correlations.
The internship provides a unique opportunity to experience Treasury at the corporate level in one of the most exciting Treasury teams in the Netherlands.
Together we can…
You will work as a full project member of the team:
- Be at the heart of the Treasury
- Learn about treasury Risk management and Capital Markets
- Be the link between policy and execution
- Implement in systems
- Have an opportunity to look inside an AEX company
- Engage, learn from and collaborate with several business functions
- Carry out project management and craft presentations
- Master student in a relevant field (Economics, Business Economics), preferably Econometrics
- A self-starter with excellent excel skills and financial modelling capabilities
- Acquainted with financial instruments like FX Forwards and Options and eager to learn beyond the literature
- Able to deliver results consistently and work meticulously and focusing on the big picture without losing track of details.
- Proactive learner and a good communicator, having excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Able to work under pressure and deliver results in short periods of time
- Self-aware, good listener, reflective and solution oriented
- Collaborative and a strong team player
- Excited about Signify, Treasury and eager about learning on the job
- Available per April 2019 (start and end date can be discussed).
- Available full-time for around 6 months (Preferably combination with writing a thesis)