Finance Professionals | Shell Graduate Programme
Function: 40 hours a week
Location: The HagueApply now
Your challenge at Shell
In 2018 we generated earnings of $24 billion, and invested $986 million in R&D. The scale of our operations requires the highest standard of financial professionalism as we seek to maximize the return for all the people who have an investment in Shell: Staff, shareholders, governments and communities.
Your Graduate Programme in Finance:
As a graduate in one of Shell’s Finance teams you will help drive profit and shape new financial processes to ensure our continued success. Working closely with teams from across the business, you’ll experience the end-to-end value chain from financial planning, mergers and acquisitions to treasury and sales promotions.
The Shell Graduate Programme is a development framework that enables new graduates to become fully independent Shell professionals in 3 years. At Shell, new graduates have access to an unparalleled range of roles and world-class training and development opportunities, including:
- Leadership skills development
- Networking, Coaching and Mentoring relationships
- Learning curriculum (training, e-learning modules, accreditation)
Learn from Financial experts
On the Shell Graduate Programme you’ll collaborate with world-leading Finance professionals. You will embark on a three-year training programme that includes two job rotations, each lasting 18 months. You can express interest in an international assignment as a 2nd rotation. These would be based in our Finance Operations centres in Krakow, Manilla, Chennai or Kuala Lumpur. You’ll benefit from unrivalled expertise designed to nurture future company frontrunners. Over the course of the Programme you will gain experience working on finance projects that maximise value and influence the overall delivery of our global financial performance.
You can expect to receive world-class coaching, invaluable mentoring, formal structured training and regular in-depth progress checks to ensure you’re on track to reaching your potential. Staff networks provide a wide range of social events and access to colleagues from across the business at all levels.
During your rotations you are likely to be given a variety of responsibilities such as financial modelling, providing input to commercial decisions or risk management and internal control. There are various Finance Advisor type roles on offer.
What do we offer?
Your rewards and benefits include:
- The opportunity to work on global projects with external partners
- A structured development programme, highly valued across the industry
- Working for a globally recognized brand tackling globally significant challenges
- Generous financial rewards and benefits - in addition to a competitive starting salary, you are appreciated and rewarded with a performance-related remuneration depending on your job and location.
- Excellent flexibility and work-life balance
- Supported CIMA or ACCA qualification
The Finance graduate programme particularly suits graduates of Finance, Accounting, Maths, Economics, Econometrics, or similar subjects.