Communications | Part of Shell Graduate Programme
Function: 40 hours a week
Location: The HagueApply now
The NL Media Relations team acts as a 24/7 newsroom, managing relationships with print, online, social and broadcast media. The team aims to proactively build Shell's reputation in the media by leveraging the successful execution of our business strategy.
Your first role in the Communications Graduate Programme is an exciting one; as a spokesperson, you will never have a dull moment. The job is right at the heart of the societal debate in NL, hence you will have the opportunity to work with a broad range of topics. As a Communications Graduate, you will spend your time:
- Acting as an online spokesperson (±50%) Acting
- as a spokesperson (±25%) Doing
- (desk-top) research in support of the team (±25%)
We don’t work on a project basis; our work is dominated by external events. As a result, there is a variety of projects in which you can work during your first placement.
The team aims to proactively build Shell's reputation in the media by leveraging the successful execution of business strategy. Cleaner energy solutions are an important part of this business strategy.
This is the first of two Graduate Programme placements; your second could be e.g. in our Global Communications team or in our External Relations teams of one of the businesses. For example, as a Communications (External Relations) advisor.
Who are you?
- You have a university master’s degree in preferably PR, Media Studies, Journalism or Communications. You’re either a recent graduate or already have some initial experience on your CV.
- You have an open eye for current affairs; a natural interest in news and a basic understanding of how media works are essential.
- We are looking for a native Dutch speaker.
- Ideally, you combine an external mindset with an organisational sensitivity.
- You should be able to work under high (time) pressure.
Programme: a world of opportunities
Join the Communications Shell Graduate Programme and you can look forward to an industry-leading two- to three-year learning programme, offering real responsibility, engaging challenges and continued professional development. And don’t worry, you’ll have a strong support network to help you succeed. Supervisors, coaches, mentors and professional experts will help you monitor and track your progress.
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the energy industry. Start your career at Shell and immerse yourself in innovative projects to find economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions to the world’s energy needs. You’ll be learning alongside brilliant people from all over the world, with the resources and support to explore new ways of thinking and working – all in all, an unbeatable experience.