As an intern, you will be actively involved in the M&A and/or ECM teams, based at Rabobank's headquarters in Utrecht, the Netherlands. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, both in the context of transaction origination and deal execution. Main tasks include:
- Assist in the preparation of client presentations, pitches and reports
- Perform in-depth analysis on companies (including their investment case, strategy, markets, products and competitors) and the wider market (market trends and dynamics, investor perspectives)
- Support financial analyses and company valuations using various methodologies
- Assist the team in the general execution process, e.g. in the preparation of information memoranda and management presentations
The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Equity Capital Markets (ECM) teams are part of the investment banking activities of Rabobank, and offer a challenging, young, dynamic and international working environment. Rabobank has a leading market position in Dutch M&A and ECM and globally in Food & Agri M&A, advising public companies, large privately-owned companies, financial sponsors and governmental organisations on various types of strategically important transactions.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Rabobank’s M&A team belongs to Rabobank Corporate Finance Advisory (“CFA”), advising corporates and financial sponsors with a focus on the Dutch market and Food & Agri sector globally. With offices in 35 countries and CFA hubs in Utrecht, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore and dedicated M&A teams in Madrid, Paris, Frankfurt, Sao Paulo, Sydney and Mumbai, CFA offers full support to its clients in (cross-border) M&A transactions and independent and product neutral capital structuring advisory.
Focus of the M&A team is advising corporates and financial sponsors on domestic or cross-border transactions. The team targets transactions with an enterprise value between EUR 100 million and EUR 1 billion or transactions of strategic importance to Rabobank’s core clients. The team is instrumental in bank’s efforts to be a leading M&A player in the Netherlands and globally in the Food & Agri sector, capable of advising on and leading key M&A transactions for medium-sized and large corporates and financial sponsors. Rabobank M&A has consistently ranked #1 in the Food & Agri sector* globally as well as in the Netherlands** by M&A transaction volume in recent years.
The European M&A team has offices in Utrecht, Frankfurt, Madrid and Paris. The composition of the Utrecht team includes the Head of M&A Europe, 7 Managing Directors, 7 (Executive) Directors and an execution pool of 30 junior professionals.
Equity Capital Markets
Our ECM team is specialised in originating and executing equity capital markets transactions. The ECM-related products and services include initial public offerings, secondary offerings (e.g. rights issues, accelerated book-build offerings), convertible bond offerings, block trades and equity advisory. ECM has a continuous strategic dialogue with the majority of companies listed on Dutch stock exchanges as well as with potential listing candidates, results in a strong transaction flow in the Dutch market. Furthermore, the ECM team is working on equity capital markets transactions for Rabobank's international Food & Agri clients worldwide. The team consists of 12 dedicated ECM bankers, who work in close cooperation with Equity Research and Equity Sales and Trading when executing a transaction.
- The opportunity to work in a highly dynamic and international working environment at one of the leading financial institutions
- Obtain relevant working experience by actively supporting both origination and execution of transactions
- The opportunity to do an internship in the Mergers & Acquisitions or Equity Capital Markets teams, or a combined internship across these departments (please indicate any preference in your cover letter)
- A competitive internship allowance
- 3-4 month full-time internship