Investment Banking internship
Function: at least 3 months | 40 hours a week
Location: UtrechtApply now
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Equity Capital Markets (ECM)
Start in 2019
Imagine you can be actively involved in the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and/or Equity Capital Markets (ECM) teams of Rabobank.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work on both deal origination and execution. You can make a difference by:
- Assist in the preparation of client presentations;
- Perform analysis on companies (including their investment case, strategy, markets, products and competitors) and the wider market (market trends and dynamics, investor perspectives);
- Support financial analyses and company valuations;
- Assist the team in the general execution process, e.g. in the preparation of information memoranda, management presentations or prospectuses.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Equity Capital Markets (ECM) teams are part of the investment banking activities of Rabobank. These departments offer a challenging, young, dynamic and international working environment.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Rabobank’s M&A team advises public companies, large corporates, privately-owned companies and financial sponsors on various types of strategically important transactions. The team has a specific focus on the Dutch market in general and Food & Agri sector globally with an enterprise value between EUR 100 million and EUR 1 billion. It has consistently ranked #1 in the Dutch M&A market and top 3 in the European Food & Agri M&A market by number of transactions for the last 5 years. With offices in Utrecht, New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Madrid, Paris, Frankfurt, Sao Paulo and Mumbai, Rabobank M&A offers full support to its clients in cross-border M&A transactions. The European M&A team is composed by the Head of M&A Europe, 7 Managing Directors, 8 (Executive) Directors and 35 junior professionals. A selection of recent high profile transactions include the public offer on Telegraaf Media Group, the sale of European assets of Cargill and the acquisition of Weetabix by Post.
Equity Capital Markets
Rabobank’s ECM team is specialised in originating and executing equity capital markets transactions. The ECM-related products and services include initial public offerings (IPOs), secondary offerings (e.g. rights issues, accelerated book-build offerings), convertible bond offerings and financial advisory. Rabobank ECM has a continuous strategic dialogue with the majority of listed companies in the Netherlands and Food & Agri globally as well as with potential listing candidates and financial sponsors. A selection of recent high profile transactions include the initial public offerings of Avantium, Philips Lighting and Dong Energy, the rights issues of Credit Suisse and Delta Lloyd and the international equity raisings of Sunopta, Benchmark and TreeHouse Foods. The team consists of 12 dedicated ECM bankers.
We are looking for best in class university 3rd and 4th year students. At the start of you internship you are required to remain enrolled at a university during your full internship and to be available to work full-time for at least 3 months.
In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- Completing your 3rd year of a bachelor degree or currently enrolled in a master degree;
- Outstanding record of academic achievement combined with extra-curricular interests;
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing is a prerequisite;
- Fluency in at least one other European language (including Dutch) is preferred;
- Solid work ethic and high level of self-motivation;
- Strong team player.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and transcripts of university grades via our website www.rabobank.nl/werken. Make sure to include the exact time span in which you are available in your cover letter and also indicate the department you prefer. It is possible to combine a M&A and ECM internship. Please be advised that the number of positions is limited.
Please be advised to apply well in advance (5 months) due to limited availability of internships
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Intern within M&A and ECM and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Linda van Gogh, Recruiter on +31 6 20536111.
- Linda van Gogh, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via email@example.com.
- If you pass our first selection round, we will invite you for an online assessment. After passing the online assessment, we will invite you for interviews at our headquarters in Utrecht.
- You have to remain enrolled at a university during your whole internship period within Rabobank.
- This internship position is open for non-EU citizens registered at a Dutch university during the whole internship period.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- We offer a competitive internship allowance.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!