Edge | Deals traineeship
Function: Advisory - Deals | 40 hours a week
Deadline: 24-03-2019Apply now
Are you in your final year of university? Are you looking for a great way to start your career, and interested in the different phases of a Deal’s process? If so, then we have a unique opportunity for you! Join Edge, the PwC Deals graduate programme for EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), and become part of a unique, leading-edge development experience. You bring passion and talent, and we willl give you the edge to become an international Deals expert.
About the role
The Edge programme is a three-year journey that officially begins with an International Deals Foundation event in Madrid. Here, you will meet >400 graduates and PwC Deals leaders from across EMEA and get a taste of the work in the Deals business. During the first two years, you will rotate among in the four out of seven Deals competencies:
- Financial Due Diligence;
- Corporate Finance;
- Delivering Deal Value;
- Business Restructuring Services;
- Data & Analytics.
Every six months you will rotate and meet new colleagues. Together with other trainees and PwC colleagues, you work in teams on deals related projects. You have your own tasks and in addition to your professional development, there is more than enough time to get together with your trainee group to share experiences and to work on your personal development. The programme will challenge you and expand your capabilities, but it will also be a rewarding journey that equips you for the next stage in your career.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for eager talents with proven affinity in M&A who have a strong personal drive and ready to take the next step in their career.
- completed pre-university education and (will) obtain(ed) a financial / economic, business or technical Master degree;
- combined above-average study results with extracurricular activities;
- are outgoing, a team player, results driven and highly motivated to continue learning;
- have an affinity with mergers and acquisitions, finance and strategy;
- are curious, flexible with strong analytical skills;
- have excellent skills in Dutch and English both oral and written.
What we offer
We offer you the unique opportunity to get to know the different facets of PwC's dynamic Deals practice within three years. This way you will develop a strong network. We pay a lot of attention to your personal development by means of both, on the job as well as various soft-skill trainings.
- You will have the opportunity to experience at least four Deals’ competence groups during the three-year programme;
- Possibility of international exchange, only for best performers;
- Professional qualification - CFA;
- Competitive salary package, including excellent secondary employment conditions, e.g. lease car and solid pension scheme;
- 32 days holiday annually;
- Variable bonus based on PwC results and personal performance.
Who we are
The Deals traineeship is part of the Advisory field, specifically the Deals business unit, focusing on financial restructuring, guiding acquisitions, mergers and the divestment of business units as well as providing advice on how to improve business returns. Deals comprises approx. 300 professionals. Each phase of a deal presents specific issues and challenges. We have the right people with the right expertise who can advise and assist with each phase. The different competencies within Deals work closely together maximising added value for our clients.
We are PwC, established in 1849. Through various mergers, we have now become a worldwide business service provider with activities in the field of Digital Technology, Assurance, Tax and Advisory. We operate in this field within a large range of sectors and clients.
We employ 223,000 people, across 157 countries. PwC Nederland employs a total of over 5,000 people. Our relevance and purpose is ‘building trust in society and solving important problems’. This manifests itself in the way we work and who we are, guided by our values – Act with integrity, Make a difference, Care, Work together and Reimagine the possible. For more background information about us, visit our website.
Are you interested in this vacancy and do you meet all the requirements? Apply directly via our website. The deadline for applying is 24 March 2019. After you submit your application, including CV, cover letter, bachelor and master transcripts, we will be in touch with you after the deadline has passed in week 13 - 2019.
Other important data to keep in mind are:
- First interviews will take place from 4 April 2019 until 9 April 2019.
- Business course will take place from 1 May 2019 until 4 May 2019. (This is a mandatory part of the selectionproces)
If you have any questions relating to this vacancy, don't hesitate to call me or send me an e-mail.
+31 (0)88 – 792 35 30