Intern Mezzanine & Equity Partners
Function: 40 hours a week
Location: Den HaagApply now
What will you get?
We can offer you the chance to work and gain experience in the field of private equity and mezzanine debt. MEP has grown quickly over the last five years both in terms of newly invested capital and FTE and is one of the core strategic activities of NIBC Bank – the momentum and energy which accompanies this growth will certainly inspire you and creates an open and ambitious environment to work in. You will actually be engaged in and be working in and with the team on live deals and portfolio companies. Therefore you will be able to actually make a difference during your internship.
What will you do?
NIBC’s Mezzanine and Equity Partners (MEP) team is looking for an intern for a period of three months starting ideally April 1, 2017 (latest start June 1, 2017; otherwise September 1).
The main assignment will be to:
- Be part of the MEP team and deal-teams in analyzing, jointly with our sector teams, potential growth areas in the Dutch market, thereby pro-actively seeking for lead generation possibilities
- On incoming propositions the request is to support by analyzing (strategic, financial) the proposition. On live deals this goes further, as the process (internally and externally) needs to be taken into account. This brings additional requests for support on activities as financial modelling, term sheet preparations and investment proposal writings.
- Site visits and management meetings will be possible. You will be part of the deal team
- In the next phase, towards the actual investment, you will be asked to review the due diligence reports. Sometimes we do (parts of) the due diligence ourselves
- As to our portfolio companies, support may be requested for certain analyses and reviews
Why would you want to work for NIBC’s Mezzanine & Equity Partners Team?
Mezzanine & Equity Partners (MEP) invests in successful and mature Dutch companies with strong management teams by providing risk capital to help realize their (international) growth or buy-out plans. Since January 1, 2018 we are also active in the German market. This open assignment is for the Dutch team.
We utilize products ranging from subordinated debt to minority equity and are flexible regarding capital structures that best meet our client’s needs.
As an example of the type of companies NIBC Mezzanine & Equity Partners invests in, the equity investment in Fletcher Hotels is illustrative. Management of Fletcher Hotels acquired a majority stake in Fletcher Hotels through the support of the minority equity investment of NIBC MEP. The same counts for Transformer Group, a company active in the area of live-eventmarketing and rental of promotional vehicles and trucks all aimed to increase brand-experience and contact moments with the target customers.
Who are we looking for?
- An academic background in economics, finance or a technical study
- Self-starting and enjoy working in a demanding environment
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Fluent command of the Dutch language
- Strong drive, ambition and determination
- Result oriented; 'getting things done' mentality, business sense
- Flexible team player
- Full-time; period of minimum 3 months, ideally 6 months
Our purpose is to make a difference at decisive moments for our clients. The inventiveness of our solutions often determines our ability to do this. And inventive ideas arise from diverse teams. We are therefore looking for people with different profiles and who want to contribute to the openness and inclusiveness of our culture. To increase our professionalism we also focus on giving each other continuous feedback. A high performance culture can only be sustained with talented individuals who are always ready to take the next step to grow. See also: https://www.nibc.com/about-us/our-purpose-and-corporate-values/. Our team is growing. For highly motivated and skilled professionals there might be room for onboarding in the NIBC MEP team.
Please apply by submitting a your CV, motivation letter and gradelists. Click on the apply button and fill in the application form and upload your CV and motivation letter. To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document! Instead of a motivation letter you can choose to make a 2-minute video outlining your motivation. An assessment may be part of the application procedure.
For more information about the recruitment procedure, you may contact our HRInfodesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the position, please contact Brigitte van der Maarel via Brigitte.email@example.com.