Analyst Mergers & Acquistions
Function: 40 hours a week
Location: The HagueApply now
What will you do?
M&A provides financial advice on mergers, acquisitions, disposals, buyouts and corporate development, combining first-class execution expertise with an in-depth understanding of the sector and the challenges our clients face. All this is done in close co-operation with our sector specialists. M&A has been involved in numerous landmark transactions in the past years.
To support the M&A team in its growth ambitions, NIBC is looking for a new colleague to strengthen the team in 2017. As an M&A professional you are an important part of the various deal teams. This position is an additional position within the M&A team which currently consists of 20 M&A professionals in The Hague, Frankfurt and Brussels and is open for graduates. You will receive thorough coaching and training on the job from you more experienced colleagues. You are involved in both originating as execution of transactions. Your contribution varies per assignment and comprises a.o.:
- Executing / checking relevant valuations and other financial analyses;
- Executing / checking market, industry and company specific analyses;
- Identifying potential business opportunities in cooperation with the sector teams;
- Preparing and presenting documents for client meetings;
- Coordinating of execution activities including financial analysis, transaction documentation and process management;
- Maintaining relationships with people involved in transactions including team members, professionals from other departments of NIBC as well as clients and external advisors.
What you will get?
The benefits of a smaller dynamic firm: You will have a direct impact on both the bank and its clients. Being an Analyst at NIBC will give you substantial room to grow and develop, direct exposure to senior management and enable you to understand how the bank works. This is a unique opportunity in which you can best showcase your talents.
We will offer you a spot in the Talent Program (next start date January 2019) together with a small group of selected talents from all over the bank. This 12 month intensive program focuses on your personal and professional development. Check our website for more information about the Talent Program:
Furthermore we nurture our entrepreneurial and inventive culture by providing modern flexible devises and working spaces. You can therefore work where and when you want which improves your performance and work-life balance.
Who are we looking for?
Good analytical and communications skills, excellent academic results and extra-curricular activities are other characteristics of the kind of talent we are looking for.
What will you need?
- Master's degree as well as extra-curricular activities;
- 0-2 Years of banking experience;
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication; fluent in Dutch and English, German is a pre.
- Committed, determined and strong personality;
- Flexible team player;
- Good level of ambition;
- Good commercial sense;
- Think Yes mentality: forward-thinking, can-do attitude, self-starter and result oriented.
Further information / application
Applications can only be submitted through our website. Please click on the apply button and fill in the application form and upload your cv, motivation letter and academic transcripts (Bachelor and Master’s). To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document. An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
For more information about the recruitment procedure you may contact the HRInfodesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our purpose is to make a difference at decisive moments for our clients. The inventiveness of our solutions often determines our ability to do this. And inventive ideas arise from diverse teams. We are therefore looking for people with different profiles and who want to contribute to the openness and inclusiveness of our culture. To increase our professionalism we also focus on giving each other continuous feedback. A high performance culture can only be sustained with talented individuals who are always ready to take the next step to grow. See also: https://www.nibc.com/about-us/our-purpose-and-corporate-values/