Analyst Fixed Income Sales Trading
Function: 40 hours a week
Location: The HagueApply now
The NIBC Fixed Income Sales Trading Team facilitates and offers institutional professionals, private banks and eligible counterparties with liquidity through its market making activities. It is specialized in off the run (non-benchmark) bonds of mainly Financials with a core focus on light structured bonds. Its network of counterparties consists of 600+ counterparties.
Why would you want to work for NIBC’s Fixed Income Sales Trading team?
NIBC Fixed Income Sales Trading is looking for an analyst to further strengthen our team. You will be a key member of the team. You will further receive thorough coaching and training on the job from very experienced colleagues.
What will you do?
A Sales Trader is in daily contact with institutional professionals and eligible counterparties, providing them with bond liquidity via our facilitation book. With (prompt) analyses, market knowledge, quick thinking and common sense, a Sales Trader is able to determine the value of an instrument and to act accordingly. Key activity is to align counterparty interest with ours and explore (new) markets and counterparties. In the process, you work closely with many internal and external professionals from different other disciplines.
As analyses, technology and data is becoming more important in today’s financial markets, we need a colleague who constantly looks for opportunities and new ways to increase our franchise and network using all tools available.
The job includes amongst others the following activities:
- Preparing (quantitative) desk analyses, memo’s and presentation’s
- Analyzing, collecting and filtering of market data and share with team
- Investigate new ways of trading (venues)
- Identifying and generating valuable trade idea’s
- Explore possible new business opportunities
- Actively engaged in managing and nurturing counterparty relationships
- Maintaining relationship with stakeholders involved in transactions including team members and professionals from other departments of NIBC
What will you get ?
You will get the benefits of an agile and dynamic bank with multiple offices in The Netherlands, Germany and United Kingdom. You will be an integral part of a highly recognized team within NIBC and will learn the ins and outs of the Fixed Income business.
NIBC is a relatively small bank with a very dynamic and informal culture. We nurture our entrepreneurial and inventive culture by providing modern flexible devices and working spaces. You can therefore work where and when you want, which improves your performance and work-life balance. You will have a direct impact on both the bank and its clients. Being an analyst in our bank will give you substantial responsibilities, direct exposure to senior management and enable you to rapidly understand how the whole bank works and where you can best leverage your talents.
Our purpose is to make a difference at decisive moments for our clients. The inventiveness of our solutions often determines our ability to do this. And inventive ideas arise from diverse teams. We are therefore looking for people with different profiles and who want to contribute to the openness and inclusiveness of our culture. To increase our professionalism we also focus on giving each other continuous feedback. A high performance culture can only be sustained with talented individuals who are always ready to take the next step to grow. See also: https://www.nibc.com/about-us/our-purpose-and-corporate-values/
Apart from development on the job, NIBC has an extensive training and coaching program that meets employees’ individual desires and needs. NIBC is dedicated to developing talent further, and encourages employees to continuously invest time to develop their professional as well as personal skills.
We may offer you a spot in the Talent Program together with a small group of selected talents from all over the bank. This 12 month intensive program focuses on your personal and professional development. Check our website for more information about the Talent Program: https://www.nibc.com/careers/campus-recruitment/talent-program.html.
Who are we looking for ?
- Academic degree in Economics, Mathematics, Econometrics or Computer Science
- Up to 2 years’ experience
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Strong social skills and a team player with hands on mentality
- Affinity with financial markets
- Programming skills a very nice one to have
- A pro-active problem solving nature
- Competitive and commercial attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Being able to work pro-actively and independently in a ‘Think Yes’ environment, in which good interpersonal skills make the difference.
- Flexible team player with the ability to deal with ad hoc requests, often with tight deadlines
- A fluency in Dutch and English is required.
Applications can only be submitted through our website. Please click on the apply button and fill in the application form and upload your resume, motivation letter and gradelists. To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document! An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
For questions about the position you can contact Clifton de la Sencerie via email@example.com. For more information about the procedure you may contact the HR Infodesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +31(0)70 3429669.