Stage Operations - Demand Analytics
Function: HR Recruitment | 6 maanden | 40 hours a week
Salary: 500 euro o.b.v. 40 uur p/wApply now
We are looking for an intern for our department Supply & Demand Planning within Nestlé Netherlands
As the world’s largest food and beverage company, Nestlé is loved for brands such as Nespresso, Nescafé, Kit Kat, Lion and Maggi, and very prominent in the pet care domain with brands such as Purina, Gourmet and Felix. We have more than 2000 brands ranging from global icons to local favorites, and we are present in 191 countries around the world. The key to worldwide success is being able to respond to market conditions and developments. Therefore, Nestlé’s country organizations have high levels of autonomy and flexibility. Nestlé's purpose is enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. We want to help shape a better and healthier world. We also want to inspire people to live healthier lives. This is how we contribute to society while ensuring the long-term success of our company. Across all categories, areas and levels, all 339,000 employees worldwide share the same objective: bringing consumers “Good Food, Good Life”.
Within Nestlé NL, there is an open, informal and personal culture. There are plenty of opportunities to take initiatives in new projects and handle situations in your own way. Working together is of utmost importance at Nestlé. Our employees have strong work ethics, are very loyal and proud of the company. Daily, more than 400 employees are working at our Dutch headquarter in Amstelveen.
About Demand & Supply planning
The objective of Demand and Supply Planning is to provide the maximum availability of the freshest product, at the right cost, and the right time. A prerequisite to deliver a good service level is a good demand plan. This involves close contact with marketing and sales to collect information and assumptions about events, activities in relation to promotions, product launches, customer & distribution that form an important part of the demand plan. To work more efficiently we are using statistics and specifically SAS.
Per August 1st 2018 we are looking for a new intern. Do you have affinity with Supply Chain and statistics in particular? Do you want to get experienced with Demand planning in a multinational FCMG company?
As an intern, you are responsible for
- Working together with our SAS expert and support the demand planning team with specific analytics projects
- Gather and integrate data from several sources (internal and external)
- Find the relevant data: execute correlation studies, interpret results and report back
- Turn data into useful business insights
- Optimize processes together with stakeholders regarding data gathering
- Communicate your findings and share your knowledge of analytics with the demand planning team
- Forecasting the demand for a specific product segment so you can test the theory in practice
We are looking for someone with following capabilities
- University student, preferably a study in the field of statistics, econometrics, business analytics, applied mathematics, operational research
- An advanced working knowledge of statistics
- Experience using SAS Enterprise Guide (pre)
- Interest and experience in SQL’s (pre)
- Data science background / Good understanding of data science principles and application
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- ability to deal with large amounts of data
- Ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Well structured, organized and an proactive approach
- Initiative driven and ability to work independently and in team
A unique opportunity to work in a Supply Chain function in the biggest FMCG worldwide. Also is this internship the perfect way to experience how it is to participate in a multinational as Nestlé. During six months, you work for 5 days a week at our headquarters in Amstelveen where you will get an excellent mentoring.
Internship allowance is 500 euros a month and traveling expenses will be covered fully.
Upload your CV and your letter of motivation Attn. Maartje Jaspars, HR-intern, via this link:
Only applications via Taleo, with a CV and letter of motivation enclosed, will be taken into account.
For questions contact email@example.com.