Associate Consultant Professional Services EMEA
Function: Navis Professional Services EMEA | 40 hours a week
Location: RotterdamApply now
Associate Consultant- Professional Services EMEA
Want to travel? See the world? Work with leading-edge technology?
Truly make a difference? Yes! YOU DO! Our ideal candidate wants to work with technology and be in a customer facing role. Fluency in more than one language is a plus. International students are encouraged to apply—APPLY NOW!
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Consultant performs system implementation tasks for Terminal Operating System (TOS) Projects, determines business and technology requirements in terms of operational processes and technology, and works as part of a team providing technical solutions in order to implement Navis products.
As a Consultant you will:
- Implement enterprise software solutions for customers using our Navis Navigation Implementation Methodology
- Work closely with customers to define, prioritize, and document business and operational requirements for enterprise-level marine terminal supply chain management solutions
- Define interface requirements to integrate solutions with customer's existing systems
- Assess solution options and define conceptual solution design, in conjunction with client operational and IT systems engineers
- Serve as customer advocate throughout solution design, development, and test phases to ensure delivered solution meets customer objectives
- Provide domain expertise, especially in the areas of ocean cargo, logistics, and terminal operations, throughout the project life cycle
- Assist with building a growing consulting practice to include practice aids and templates for use at multiple clients
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s - Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, Computer Science, or related disciplines with cumulative GPA 3.2 or higher
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English. Bilingual Spanish and/or Portuguese desired
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Able to work extended hours under tight deadlines
- Able to multi-task and successfully meet objectives
- Technical savvy - ability to program, configure and integrate systems to achieve required result
- Detail oriented, hardworking and self-motivated
- Willing to travel up to 80%
- Transportation domain knowledge, especially shipping/intermodal/container operations
- 0-3 years’ experience in container terminal projects or complex logistics automation projects
- Experience with related systems such as transportation management systems, automation, cargo tracking technologies, warehouse management systems, RFID, RTLS and OCR systems
- Extensive knowledge of networking technologies and relational database structures or cloud-based enterprise solutions and technologies
Navis is the leading software company in building and implementing products to manage and optimize marine container terminal operations. Navis delivers enterprise software solutions with advanced algorithms for decision-making optimization and it pursues innovation in the areas of robotic automation applied to container terminal operations. For more than 25 years, Navis has provided the global technology standard for managing the movement of cargo through container terminals. Visit navis.com for more information.
Why join NAVIS?
Navis is an employment destination where we inspire each other, champion innovation and impact our community and industry.
Headquartered in California's San Francisco Bay Area, with offices worldwide, Navis is dedicated to transforming our clients' businesses through our innovative products, our services, and most importantly, our people. We seek highly skilled professionals who are looking for a work culture where innovation is expected, hard work is valued and creativity is rewarded.
- A history of consistent corporate growth and stability. Be part of a consistently growing company recognized as a global leader in the industries we serve.
- Industry-leading technology. We thrive on innovation, providing unique business solutions within the global supply chain.
- Unique learning environments. Expand and grow your skill set in a creative, collaborative team environment.
- Global travel. See the world while improving operations for our container terminal customers