Vacancy for TA in Microeconomie and Microeconomics
Function: Economics | November 2018 - December 2018 | 8 hours a week
Deadline: 01-05-2018Apply now
Job description and responsibilities:
- Teach tutorial groups (these include exercises from the textbook and past exams and discussion points on real-world applications of microeconomics);
- Supervise and grade midterm exams;
- Help the instructor grade final exams. For this you need to be available in the first two weeks of January 2018 (starting January 2), to finalize the grading of the exam and to carry out the exam perusal with the instructor;
- Econometrics students are more likely to teach groups from the econometrics programmes, but this need not always be the case.
- Any applicant must have scored at least 9 for Microeconomics (FEB11001 or FEB11001X).
- Economics students should ideally have scored:
- an 8.5 in Mathematics 1 (FEB 11003 or FEB11003X) and Applied Statistics 1 (FEB11005 or FEB11005X).
- Econometrics students should ideally have scored:
- a 9 in Introduction to Analysis (FEB21017 or FEB21017X) and Introduction to statistics (FEB21018 or FEB21018X); and
- an 8 in Analysis (FEB21021 or FEB21020X) and Probability Theory (FEB21005 or FEB21005X).
- Having some past teaching experience is a plus. Examples of such experience include: having worked as a tutor at your former high school, or as trainer/coach of a sports team.
Apply using the application form https://my.eur.nl/en/ese/tutor-academy/vacancies
Together with this form, please include your CV, a recent list of your grades, and a short letter in which you motivate your application.
The application deadline is May 1st, 23:59. After the application deadline we will select candidates for a short interview. The interviews take place between May 7th and May 18th.