Teaching assistant vacancy Marketing
Function: 1st of March until the 15th of May 2018 | 16 hours a week
Type: Side job
Location: RotterdamApply now
The Department of Marketing is looking for enthusiastic teaching assistants to teach tutorials of the Bachelor-1 course Marketing (FEB11008X).
The course Marketing answers the question ‘What is marketing?’ and forms a solid basis for who wants to continue in this field of expertise. Students learn the basic marketing concepts and work together in teams writing a marketing plan for a new product or service. They‘ll be shown examples of how companies use different marketing concepts in practice and as a student assistant you have the possibility to attend guest lectures from top marketing managers of international companies together with your students. During the tutorials you teach groups of 30 students how to analyze case studies, to substantiate the use of marketing concepts and how to apply those in real life.
You will teach two tutorial groups per week. One tutorial group has two tutorials per week, this involves 2 x 45 minutes twice a week per group. You are provided with 4 hours of preparation time, including instruction you’ll receive together with the other teaching assistants once a week (2 times 45 minutes). Further tasks are:
- Give feedback on students’ presentation and pitch (during tutorial)
- Give four times feedback on (sections) of marketing plans of 12 teams (four hours per feedback moment)
- Help correcting exam questions (approximately a day per exam, midterm and final exam)
- Also you’ll help at least once during the review of the midterm or final exam (two hours).
This amounts to about 16 hours a week (equals 0.4 fte), from the 1st of March until the 15th of May 2018.
Dutch and/or English.
- Do you have an interest in Marketing?
- Do you enjoy teaching and do you want to step up to the next level by leading discussions and coaching teams?
- Are you in your 3rd year Bachelor or Master and do you like to make others enthusiastic for Marketing?
Then you are cut out for this job!
Download the application form at https://www.eur.nl/ese/working_at_ese/tutor_academy/vacancies/ and send your application to the secretary of the Tutor Academy before Monday November 13th 2017.
Monday November 13th 2017
For more information contact:
Sandra Prenger, email@example.com