Supply Chain Graduate Program
Function: HR/Recruitment | Permanent | 40 hours a week
Location: TerneuzenApply now
Are you passionate about Supply Chain and do you wonder what comes next? Are you enthusiastic to operate at the forefront of corporate innovation, strategy and service delivery? Our 2-year Supply Chain Rotational Program helps you develop your talent at our location in Terneuzen (NL) which is the second largest manufacturing site worldwide.
Can you imagine yourself being the new face of Dow’s Supply Chain by becoming our 2020 Graduate?
What can you experience?
As part of the development program, you join a diverse team consisting of collaborative, supportive and responsible people coming of around 40 different nationalities. Every day you serve our manufacturing, logistics operations, and customers located in the EMEAI region for the industry you work for.
What can you expect?
- Be part of a learning and development journey at Dow
- Work on 2 challenging assignments across our End-to-End Supply Chain that help you broaden your knowledge and develop your abilities to become the new face of Dow’s Supply Chain in the EMEAI region
- Join different sub-teams: Business Planning, Outplant Management, Site Logistics Optimization, Deep Water Marine Operations, Road and Rail Logistics and International Trade Operations.
What can be your assignments?
Supply Chain Planning
You are responsible for what, when and where to produce for one production site, multiple production sites in Europe or multiple plants at one site. You ensure the materials are available in the desired quantities to deliver on time and in a cost-effective manner to the customers. The key objective is to balance the forecasted demand with the production utilization that influences the supply capabilities by working cross-functionally. This includes managing inventory levels and global supply decisions on a short- to mid-term time frame and determining and taking on improvement opportunities.
You are the one who is responsible to provide and apply logistics knowledge and expertise to support the objectives of one or multiple business units. You advise business or functional clients regarding carrier management, responsible care, warehouse management, international trade or transport mode specific technical knowledge and cross functional support.
Imagine identifying, assessing and supporting improvement projects within one of our Supply Chain or Logistics departments at a tactical or strategic level (e.g. inventory, purchasing costs, production costs, logistics costs, product quality, asset utilization, productivity and customer service). You will make sure the business has the capability to deliver and meet customer service and quality expectations in line with the strategy.
Why choose Dow?
- To get the opportunity to launch your career in Supply Chain by rotating between 2 different jobs in 2 years
- Have your own mentor who inspires and guides you along your way at Dow and a buddy who is there to give you the day-to-day support you need
- Work in a team with Supply Chain experts and be part of the Supply Chain Graduate Program with international top talents
- Get an intensive training program with on-the-job and face-to-face trainings, workshops and e-learnings to build the fundamentals for your future career
- Have your office in Dow Terneuzen (NL) where sustainability and collaboration play a key role and where you can benefit from a free gym!
- Join our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and enjoy various social activities with your colleagues in the Zeeland region
- Benefit from a broad compensation and benefits package as well as flexible programs and policies to support employees’ efforts to balance work and personal commitments