Consultant Financial Risk Management
Function: 40 hours a week
Location: AmsterdamApply now
What impact will you make?
A consultant at Deloitte Financial Risk Management has an impact on the global financial service industry by servicing key clients and working in projects which positively change the financial service industry. Besides working on assignments, consultants also support in preparing proposals and you will contribute to research and writing articles.
We foster a collaborative culture where talented colleagues can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
This is how
- Build and communicate a strategic and innovative vision on the insurance industry;
- Able to connect and advise on the full insurance risk cycle, as well as the policy and claims process;
- Acquisition and management of projects;
- Communication with key stakeholders;
- Building and maintaining a strong network;
- Training talent and developing clients.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff members in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You share your expertise with the 70 to 80 colleagues of our Financial Risk Management department in Amsterdam. The department has the following areas of expertise:
- Market Risk develops and validates models for market, trading and pricing risk using Value at Risk and Expected Shortfall models
- The Actuarial and Insurance team advises clients on various topics of the actuarial cycle and insurance business processes
- Asset and Liability Management steers the balance sheet from both funding and interest rate perspective
- Credit Risk develops models compliant with current and future legislative requirements (Basel, TRIMs)
Financial Risk Management focusses on model development and validation for key financial service clients in the Netherlands, using quantitative methods and techniques to solve various challenges. This includes modelling techniques from quantitative finance, statistics and applied mathematics. Of course, Risk Advisory also has a major impact.