European Graduate Program: Innovation / R&D
Function: 24 months | 40 hours a week
Location: Oegstgeest, the NetherlandsApply now
Within the Innovation / R&D department, the focus is on developing new products and processes in order to be innovative for the business, to attract new customers and/or to reduce the cost of our current products. As an Associate, you will have the opportunity to work with professionals in dedicated and cross-functional teams, with suppliers and technology partners, to advance the boundaries of specialty materials, coating technologies and label & adhesive technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
You will work on different assignments in 2 different teams where you will be challenged to bring out the best in yourself, strengthen your skills and shape your future personally and professionally. Avery Dennison will provide you with both on-the-job experience and functional training but will also focus on personal development and leadership skills. We offer an interactive team environment, where your capabilities and skills will be developed to build a strong career foundation.
During the 2 years program you may take on activities such as:
- Analyzing and translating consumer and market insight into actionable strategies and tactics. Working with marketing research and development to design, execute and interpret customer studies to ensure that data gathered is at the core of the brand strategies and deliverables. Making recommendations for new products and hybrids development and evaluating research results to provide recommendations.
- Generating ideas and validate, demonstrate creativity in quantity and quality of technology produced.
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects. Writing project plan based on project objective and lead project (plan, delegate and follow through). Determining resources needed actions and timelines for project. Making recommendations to terminate a project due to feasibility issues.
- You will get a better understanding and will get trained to apply Design for Lean Sigma (DFLS) and NPD/Stage gate process when driving execution.
Positions such as Product Development Engineer or New Technology Project Leader are some of the potential positions offered immediately after the program.
We are looking for candidates who are just about to complete – or have recently completed – a Bachelor or Master degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science or equivalent. Knowledge about polymers and a maximum of 2 years of professional experience in an international company are a plus.
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated and creative thinkers. But we’re also looking for people who:
- Be willing and flexible to relocate into different functions and locations
- Fluent in English with at least one additional European Language
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, change driven and multi-cultural environment
- Only profiles submitted in English will be considered.
For the European Graduate Program EU Citizenship is required.
Two years rotational program, the rotations will be at designated locations across Europe.