Junior Quantitative Analyst
Function: 40 hours a week
Location: The HagueApply now
Currently, we are looking for a Junior Quantitative Analyst. Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then join us at Aegon Netherlands!
Would you like to optimize the investments on the balance sheet of Aegon NL? Do you want to have a high impact role that stretches both your analytical as well as communicate skills in the field of investment management and modelling? Join the CIO Office at Aegon Netherlands and shape this role into a success!
The newly set up CIO office is amongst others responsible for setting the investment strategies for the internal balance sheets and driving the execution either direct or through asset managers.
Within Investment Management we have grouped different investment strategies into key areas. For each focus area we would like to have one person that takes full responsibility for the selected asset category.
These specialists will need the support of a quantitative analyst, who can analyze large amounts of data (e.g. granular loans) or help develop balance sheet projection models (together with the senior balance sheet modeler). The quantitative analyst will examine the internal model of Aegon, the standard formula of EIOPA, and the standardized approach within CRD IV. Based on these insights, new models will need to be developed to support the investment decisions.
Doing business responsibly is at the heart of our company. Through our investments in private credit we believe we can have a substantial positive impact on society. You will be instrumental in shaping our strategy and impact going forward together with our partners.
- Help to Create and program models to provide an ongoing view with regards to the future development of the balance sheets, including available and required capital and liquidity
- Demonstrate the impact on various financial indicators of proposed investment strategies
- Help to program the models in such a wat as to quickly run “what-if” scenarios
- Provide the data and the analysis to support investment strategies which would fit the balance sheets best
- Deliver input to the asset specialists for formulating their investment strategy
- Document the assumptions and simplifications in the models build within the department
If you meet the following criteria, we invite you to apply for this opportunity:
- Finished master’s degree in a quantitative study;
- 0-2 years of working experience;
- Familiar with modelling in R and/or Phyton;
- Willingness to learn about the capital requirements in both Solvency II and CRD IV;
- Familiar with (stochastic) scenario analysis
- Strong verbal and presentation skills in English and preferably in
What we offer
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A competitive monthly salary based on 40 hours a week;
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- Good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days;
- A commuting allowance;
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.
Are you interested in joining our CIO Office in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. An online assessment is part of the process. For more information about the role, you can contact Suzanne van Calsteren, Talent Acquisition Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.