Function: 4 months | 36 hours a week
Deadline: 01-05-2020Apply now
Law Internship: Financing Arrangements & Security Documents
At a glance
Are you a BSc/MSc graduate or have you graduated from a university of applied sciences (HBO)/research university (WO)? Did your study cover contract law, security arrangements or corporate finance? Do you want to combine a university research project with professional knowledge? Or, perhaps you just want to acquire work experience within a corporate environment? What are you waiting for? Apply now!
The Contracting Commodities team within ABN AMRO Bank’s Trade and Commodity Finance (TCF) is looking for a detail-oriented intern to assist with a large project aimed at strengthening the security process within the bank’s TCF department to facilitate the needs of our stakeholders within the bank.
- Assist our team with the task of reading complex security documents (e.g. pledges, liens, etc.) and breaking down the operational requirements to effectively manage the secured assets;
- Understand and grasp complex legal security documents in order to summarise their contents and to build a database.
Your main activities:
- Read and understand security documents (e.g., pledges, liens, etc);
- Summarise the operational requirements within these documents in a clear and concise manner;
- Build a database by using the information (no IT expertise required);
- Present the information in a precise but easy-to-read way;
- Assist the team with any other suitable tasks and projects that might arise.
Your working environment
The Contracting Commodities team is a dedicated contracting unit within the Credits domain of the Operations division of ABN AMRO Bank. The team services its stakeholders in the Trade and Commodity Finance division of the bank by drafting and negotiating (bilateral) facility documentation, including security documents in multiple jurisdictions.
Our team is an inclusive unit, consisting equally of all genders and ages, in a total of fifteen Dutch and international professionals. *The documentation is in English (Legal English).
We welcome any ambitious candidate.
You are a Bachelor/Master student (HBO or WO) with a proficient level of legal English.
- Your study covers International (contract) law, financial law and other banking-related legal knowledge;
- You have sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- You can start from May/June* and you are available for 3-4 months;
* Pending COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) measures
- Autonomous: you are disciplined enough to work without supervision and succeed;
- Detail-oriented: you pay attention to the details;
- Pro-learner: you are curious about new knowledge and eager to make it yours, and you make conscious effort to seek more information;
- Assertiveness expert: you can express your thoughts and ideas in a clear, authentic and respectful way while taking into account other people’s feelings and beliefs;
- Team-player: you can easily reach and collaborate with colleagues, either by helping them out or by requesting assistance.
What we offer
This is the enriching internship opportunity you were looking for! You will have the chance to contribute to one of the best work environments of The Netherlands. At ABN AMRO we encourage you to develop yourself into the much needed talent the world is waiting for! You will be working with the best professionals in the business and also with the latest technologies, in a creative, flexible and easy going atmosphere. As an ABN AMRO intern you will receive a work laptop, monthly fixed compensation (€600 for MSc students and €450 BSc students), a personal development coach and many other benefits in order for you to reach your professional potential. We offer you the possibility to stand out and make a difference.
If you are confident about becoming a valuable member of our team, apply right away! And don’t forget; a well thought-out, structured CV and motivation letter can make you stand out from the crowd!
How to do it?
- Put only job relevant items in your CV and letter.
- In your letter present yourself briefly and then tell us WHY you are interested in both this assignment in particular and working at ABN AMRO in general. Subsequently, explain HOW you will be adding value to our team by highlighting your relevant skills and experience.
- Lastly, always include your availability period (e.g., from February 2019 to July 2019) and the objective of your internship (e.g., thesis research, work experience).
We are looking forward to get to know you!
Any doubts, questions or compliments for us? Get in touch via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (020-3433443) or WhatsApp (+31 06 831 53373)!
Application Deadline: April 24, 2020
Please Note: If you are not an EU-resident you need a valid working permit or a standard internship agreement if you are a non-EU/EEA student.
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job Posting Date: 18-Mar-2020