Data Talent Programme - Risk Analytics
Function: 36 hours a week
Location: AmsterdamApply now
Are you a curious and critical person and do you like to solve complex puzzles? Kick-start your career as a Risk Analytics Trainee.
Within ABN AMRO, Risk Management has a pivotal role to ensure the bank can operate safely. We assess the credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk and non-financial risks of the bank and provide management with actionable advice.
As a Risk Analytics Trainee you will learn to identify and quantify risks and present your results. You will get the opportunity to rotate between different Risk Management departments to experience our diverse working areas. Topic range from estimating credit risk, predicting the behaviour of our mortgage clients, to finding the right value of our savings deposits and stress testing.
The Risk Analytics programme is part of the Data Talent programme of the bank. You will be well-equipped to explore data sets to identify valuable insights, build predictive models, and run data science projects from start to end. Moreover, you will learn to present your findings to stakeholders, including senior executives of the bank.
With this Talent Programme you will make the first step in your career as a Risk Manager to develop yourself personally and professionally!
- Research and develop statistical models to analyse data sets to facilitate decision making;
- Find clear data driven solutions for complex, high-impact problems;
- Use predictive modelling to increase insights, quantify risks, and more;
- Understand business needs and devise possible solutions;
- Communicate results and statistical concepts to key business stakeholders;
- Build processes and tools to help monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy;
As Risk Analytics trainee you should have a Master’s or Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as econometrics, physics, engineering, mathematics or computer science. You have strong analytical and mathematical skills. Also, you have knowledge of advanced statistical methods and concepts.
Who are you:
- An entrepreneurial spirit, creative mind and capable of assessing and evaluating risks;
- Knowledgeable or at least interested in technology and how this supports business improvements;
- You thrive in an international context;
- Someone who thinks in terms of what’s possible, sees opportunities and takes a solutions-oriented approach;
- A good communicator both verbally and written;
- A self-starter who readily assumes responsibility.
What we expect from you:
- Demonstrable interest in Finance and Risk Management
- Experience with programming, e.g. in Java or Python, and SQL;
- Experience in statistical, data mining and machine learning techniques (like boosting, generalized linear models/regression, random forests, trees, social network analysis, neural networks);
- A proactive approach, with an ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
What we offer
In our Risk Analytics programme we train you to be the Risk Manager and Data Scientist who matters now, tomorrow and in the future. In this program you will receive training focused on your professional and personal development. We will also continue to invest in you for the longer term and guide you on your journey within the bank. It will be a continuous "experience", in which you work together with the best people and best parties from the market, and you do your work with the latest technologies on the most modern cloud infrastructure.
What does the program look likeThe first year starts with a boot camp, job rotations in different departments and individual assignments. The supervision consists of intervision and coaching on the job. Together with the your fellow trainees from Risk Management and other business lines, you will be trained by the best in the field. You will receive professional training in the following domains: personal impact, domain expertise, infrastructure, tooling & technology and analysis methods. During the program you will be part of our data science community. You will get to know the bank in all its facets. Because you work in different teams, you are introduced to various departments. In this way you build a network in the organisation and see multiple aspects of the field. Also, you will follow the unique personal development programme Boost Your Growth.
Are you interested? Apply via the button below and upload your resume and cover letter. The Data Talent Programme starts in September with a kick-off in Amsterdam.
After you apply you will receive an e-mail to let you know if you have been selected and can move forward to the next round. The overall recruitment process includes:
- Application with your resume and cover letter
- Online capacity test
- Case and case presentation
- Job offer including start date, location and details on the programme.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.