Data Talent Programme - Machine Learning Engineer
Function: 36 hours a week
Location: AmsterdamApply now
As a machine learning engineer trainee you will learn how to take responsibility on taking models that data scientists developed. You will integrate the models with the dedicated platform/application—and that could involve building, say, an API around this model so that it can be served and consumed, and then being able to maintain the integrity and quality of this model so that it continues to serve really accurate predictions. As machine learning engineer you may also be responsible of retraining the models already in production.
With this Talent Programme you will make the first step in your career as a machine learning engineer to develop yourself personally and professionally!
- Improve existing machine learning models;
- Collaborate with data engineers to develop data and model pipelines;
- Apply machine learning and data science techniques and design distributed systems;
- Write production-level code;
- Bring code to production;
- Engage in code reviews;
- Be in charge of the entire lifecycle (exploration, development. deployment, monitoring, and maintenance);
- Produce project outcomes and isolate issues;
- Implement machine learning algorithms and libraries;
- Communicate model results to key business stakeholders;
- Research and implement best practices to enhance existing machine learning infrastructure.
As machine learning engineer trainee you should have a bachelor degree in science, technology, engineering, psychometrics, econometrics or math. An advanced degree is a “nice to have,” but is not required. However, the applicant must also have strong skills in math, science, programming, databases, modelling, and predictive analytics.
As a machine learning engineer you should have a Master’s or Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, or statistics
- A firm understanding of mathematics (including the role of algorithm theory in machine learning and complex algorithms that are needed to help machines learn and communicate);
- Strong analytical skills;
- Advanced knowledge of engineering.
Who are you:
• Entrepreneurial spirit, creative mind-set and capable of assessing and evaluating risks;
• Knowledge of or at least interested in technology and how this supports business improvements;
• Thrives in an international context;
• Thinks in terms of what’s possible, sees opportunities and takes a solutions-oriented approach;
• Self-starter who readily assumes responsibility.
What’s your experience:
- Experience working with Java, Python, or R;
- Experience with modern machine learning algorithms;
- A good understanding of both probability and statistics;
- Experience working with large amounts of data in a high throughput environment;
- SysAdmin skills;
Nice to have:
- Experience working with distributed systems tools like Etcd, Doozer, ZooKeeper;
- Experience working with messaging tools like Kafka;
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning evaluation metrics and best practices;
- Competency with infrastructure as code;
What we offer
In our Data Talent Program we train you to be the Data Scientist who matters now, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. In this program you will receive training focused on professional and personal development. We will also continue to invest in you for the longer term and guide you on your journey within the bank. It will be a continuous "experience", in which you work together with the best people and best parties from the market, and you do your work with the latest technologies on the most modern cloud infrastructure.
What does the program look like
The first year starts with a boot camp, job rotations in different departments and individual assignments. The supervision consists of intervision and coaching on the job. Together with the other participants you will be trained by the best in the field. The professional training consists of 4 domains: infrastructure, tooling & technology, analysis methods, personal impact and domain expertise. During the program you will be part of our data science community. You will get to know the bank in all its facets. Because you work in different teams, you are introduced to various data-related departments. In this way you see multiple aspects of the field. Also, you will follow the unique personal development programme Boost Your Growth.
You can start in one of these two business lines:
Innovation & Technology
Wondering how the broad scope of Innovation & Technology (I&T) looks like? To start with, I&T delivers all the technology for a future proof bank, including the high end technology we need to serve our clients in a more and more data driven world. A very crucial element is to invent and deploy the smartest data models to keep our digital bank safe. Next to delivering and maintaining our digital infrastructure, apps and websites, I&T is responsible for flawless processing of all our client transactions. Therefore, smart use of data is essential to serve our clients faster, better and be more pro-active. Beyond that, we have an innovative mindset and use data to create new business models. And last but not least, I&T is responsible for sustainable contracts with our partners and for creating a modern working environment. So we do not only use our data for the best client experience, but also for the best employee experience!
As an Machine Learning Engineer in Retail, you will work with Data Scientists and IT Professionals to install predictive models in our Cloud environment. You’ll keep up to date with the latest tooling on AWS and Azure to ensure that our data products continue to operate as flexibly and effectively as possible.
Interested? Read this carefully
Are you interested? Apply via the button below and upload your resume and cover letter. Please let us know in your cover letter for which business line (Innovation & Technology or Retail Banking) you are applying. The Data Talent Programme starts in September with a kick-off in Amsterdam.
After you apply you will receive an e-mail to let you know if you have been selected and can move forward to the next round. The overall recruitment process includes:
- Application with your resume and cover letter
- Online capacity test
- Case and case presentation
- Job offer including start date, location and details on the programme.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org