Data Talent Programme - Data Scientist
Function: 36 hours a week
Location: AmsterdamApply now
As data scientist trainee you will primarily learn how to translate business challenges into technical predictive models that support a better decision making. As data scientist you will be well-equipped to store and clean large amounts of data, explore data sets to identify valuable insights, build predictive models, and run data science projects from end to end.
With this Talent Programme you will make the first step in your career as a data scientist to develop yourself personally and professionally!
- Research and develop statistical models for analysis;
- Understand company needs and devise possible solutions by collaborating with product management/owners and the DevOps team;
- Communicate results and statistical concepts to key business stakeholders;
- Use appropriate databases and project designs to optimize joint development efforts;
- Develop custom data models and algorithms;
- Build processes and tools to help monitor and analyse performance and data accuracy;
- Use predictive modelling to enhance and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and more;
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
As data scientist trainee you should have a Master’s or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, mathematics, econometrics, physics or statistics. You have strong mathematical and analytical skills. Also, you have knowledge of advanced statistical methods and concepts.
Who are you:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative mind-set and capable of assessing and evaluating risks;
- Knowledge of or at least interested in technology and how this supports business improvements;
- Thrives in an international context;
- Thinks in terms of what’s possible, sees opportunities and takes a solutions-oriented approach;
- Self-starter who readily assumes responsibility.
What’s your experience:
- Experience working with R or Python
- Experience in statistical, data mining and machine learning techniques (like boosting, generalized linear models/regression, and social network analysis);
- Experience visualizing and presenting data;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A proactive approach, with an ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with SQL or java
- Experience with cloud services, preferably Azure Cloud Services;
- Experience analyzing data from third-party providers like Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics etc.;
- Experience working with distributed data and computing tools like Hadoop, Hive, Map/Reduce, MySQL, and Spark;
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology;
What we offer
In our Data Talent Program we train you to be the Data Scientist who matters now, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. In this program you will receive training focused on professional and personal development. We will also continue to invest in you for the longer term and guide you on your journey within the bank. It will be a continuous "experience", in which you work together with the best people and best parties from the market, and you do your work with the latest technologies on the most modern cloud infrastructure.
What does the program look like
The first year starts with a boot camp, job rotations in different departments and individual assignments. The supervision consists of intervision and coaching on the job. Together with the other participants you will be trained by the best in the field. The professional training consists of 4 domains: infrastructure, tooling & technology, analysis methods, personal impact and domain expertise. During the program you will be part of our data science community. You will get to know the bank in all its facets. Because you work in different teams, you are introduced to various data-related departments. In this way you see multiple aspects of the field. Also, you will follow the unique personal development programme Boost Your Growth.
You can start in one of these three business lines:
Innovation & Technology
Wondering how the broad scope of Innovation & Technology (I&T) looks like? To start with, I&T delivers all the technology for a future proof bank, including the high end technology we need to serve our clients in a more and more data driven world. A very crucial element is to invent and deploy the smartest data models to keep our digital bank safe. Next to delivering and maintaining our digital infrastructure, apps and websites, I&T is responsible for flawless processing of all our client transactions. Therefore, smart use of data is essential to serve our clients faster, better and be more pro-active. Beyond that, we have an innovative mindset and use data to create new business models. And last but not least, I&T is responsible for sustainable contracts with our partners and for creating a modern working environment. So we do not only use our data for the best client experience, but also for the best employee experience!
The Commercial Banking business line focuses on organizations with a turnover of up to 250 million euros. With our in-depth customer and sector knowledge, we offer our customers a wide range of products and services, both standard and customized. We are constantly updating and improving these, driven by digitization, technological development and new customer needs. Our service model: personal contact, long-term relationships and 24/7 digital.
As a Data Scientist working in Retail, you may be asked to develop predictive models to identify customers likely to fall behind with their repayments so that we can help them as soon as possible. You could also devise models to identify customers who are likely to respond positively to a marketing campaign and develop models and simulations aimed at optimising the effectiveness of our Google ads.
Interested? Read this carefully
Are you interested? Apply via the button below and upload your resume and cover letter. Please let us know in your cover letter for which business line (Innovation & Technology, Commercial Banking or Retail Banking) you are applying. The Data Talent Programme starts in September with a kick-off in Amsterdam.
After you apply you will receive an e-mail to let you know if you have been selected and can move forward to the next round. The overall recruitment process includes:
- Application with your resume and cover letter
- Online capacity test
- Case and case presentation
- Job offer including start date, location and details on the programme.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.