Data Talent Programme - Data Analyst
Function: 36 hours a week
Location: AmsterdamApply now
As data analyst trainee you will learn how to sift through data and seek to identify trends. What stories do the numbers tell? What business decisions can be made based on these insights? See yourself as a consultant between the data and a business line. As a data analyst you may also create visual representations, such as dashboards, charts and graphs to better showcase what the data reveals.
- Conduct consumer data research and analytics;
- Work with customer-centric models and tailor them to each customer as required;
- Extract actionable insights from large databases;
- Perform recurring and ad hoc quantitative analysis to support day-to-day decision making;
- Support reporting and analytics, such as KPIs, financial reports, and creating and improving dashboards;
- Help translate data into visualizations, metrics, and goals.
As data analyst trainee you should have a bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, econometrics or business, with an analytics focus. An advanced degree is a “nice to have,” but is not required. You must have strong skills in math, science, programming, databases, modelling, and predictive analytics.
Who are you:
• Entrepreneurial spirit, creative mind-set and capable of assessing and evaluating risks;
• Knowledge of or at least interested in technology and how this supports business improvements;
• Thrives in an international context;
• Thinks in terms of what’s possible, sees opportunities and takes a solutions-oriented approach;
• Self-starter who readily assumes responsibility.
What’s your experience:
- Experience working with R or Python
- A strong combination of analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and reporting skills;
- Experience in statistical, data mining and machine learning techniques (like boosting, generalized linear models/regression, and social network analysis);
- Experience visualizing and presenting data;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A proactive approach, with an ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with SQL
- A basic understanding of cloud technology;
- A basic understanding of data mining techniques, emerging technologies (MapReduce, Spark, large-scale data frameworks, machine learning, neural networks);
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology;
What we offer
In our Data Talent Program we train you to be the Data Scientist who matters now, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. In this program you will receive training focused on professional and personal development. We will also continue to invest in you for the longer term and guide you on your journey within the bank. It will be a continuous "experience", in which you work together with the best people and best parties from the market, and you do your work with the latest technologies on the most modern cloud infrastructure.
What does the program look like
The first year starts with a boot camp, job rotations in different departments and individual assignments. The supervision consists of intervision and coaching on the job. Together with the other participants you will be trained by the best in the field. The professional training consists of 4 domains: infrastructure, tooling & technology, analysis methods, personal impact and domain expertise. During the program you will be part of our data science community. You will get to know the bank in all its facets. Because you work in different teams, you are introduced to various data-related departments. In this way you see multiple aspects of the field. Also, you will follow the unique personal development programme Boost Your Growth.
You can start in one of these three business lines:
Innovation & Technology
Wondering how the broad scope of Innovation & Technology (I&T) looks like? To start with, I&T delivers all the technology for a future proof bank, including the high end technology we need to serve our clients in a more and more data driven world. A very crucial element is to invent and deploy the smartest data models to keep our digital bank safe. Next to delivering and maintaining our digital infrastructure, apps and websites, I&T is responsible for flawless processing of all our client transactions. Therefore, smart use of data is essential to serve our clients faster, better and be more pro-active. Beyond that, we have an innovative mindset and use data to create new business models. And last but not least, I&T is responsible for sustainable contracts with our partners and for creating a modern working environment. So we do not only use our data for the best client experience, but also for the best employee experience!
The Commercial Banking business line focuses on organizations with a turnover of up to 250 million euros. With our in-depth customer and sector knowledge, we offer our customers a wide range of products and services, both standard and customized. We are constantly updating and improving these, driven by digitization, technological development and new customer needs. Our service model: personal contact, long-term relationships and 24/7 digital.
As an Analyst working in Retail, you could be asked to monitor and study developments in one of our product groups (Payments, Savings, Loans, Mortgages, Investments or Insurance): you’ll analyse inflow, product use and outflow, and include your findings in reports and dashboards. You may also be asked to assist with marketing campaigns and to help evaluate them afterwards: you will analyse the socio-economic profiles of our customers and their (online) behaviour so that we can send them the right message at the right time, and calculate the effect of campaigns in terms of higher sales and customer satisfaction.
Interested? Read this carefully
Are you interested? Apply via the button below and upload your resume and cover letter. Please let us know in your cover letter for which business line (Innovation & Technology, Commercial Banking or Retail Banking) you are applying. The Data Talent Programme starts in September with a kick-off in Amsterdam.
After you apply you will receive an e-mail to let you know if you have been selected and can move forward to the next round. The overall recruitment process includes:
- Application with your resume and cover letter
- Online capacity test
- Case and case presentation
- Job offer including start date, location and details on the programme.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.